The Autumn Equinox is a power point transition date, which can be used alongside Kundalini Yoga sets and Meditations to release any negativity, jump start our true self focus, finish old projects and plant seeds for new.
We are all a microcosm of the macrocosm. We are all made up of the same minerals that can be found in the Earth – we are one and the same. And so it’s fitting that we work with the natural cycles of our Great Mother, the Earth and her seasons. By celebrating and harnessing these power points – Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Autumn Equinox and Winter Solstice.
Each season, I work with Kundalini Yoga sets and Meditations, the Shamanic plant medicine Cacao (“the food for the shift”), Writing Therapy, Exploratory Dance and Sound Therapy with the Gong. Click here for more information on our upcoming Autumn Equinox Celebration.
The Autumn Equinox is a natural time of balance and preparation. Day and night are of equal length, with the following days shifting us from longer light to darker nights, preparing us for winter. It’s harvest season – a chance to reap what we’ve sown, give thanks, cleanse and prepare the ground to reflect, restore and refocus.
From a spiritual perspective, the Autumn Equinox is a good time to find balance between our light of consciousness and the darkness of our shadow. It’s also a good time to finish up old projects or plans and plant our own seeds for new enterprise or changes in lifestyle.
* What have you been stalling over finishing?
* What are you looking to begin?
* What do you need to get rid of to make space?
* What negative thoughts or beliefs are preventing your growth?
If you’re unable to attend our events, you can still harness this Autumn Equinox power point yourself with yoga and meditations at home.
How to celebrate the Autumn Equinox from home:
- It’s important to make some time for this – clear the space in your diary and home; honour this event for your growth. Light candles, burn incense, etc.
- Sitting in a comfortable position with your spine straight take a moment to ‘check in’ with yourself. How are you feeling, in your body, emotionally, energetically. Acknowledge yourself in your totality.
- I often use a breathing exercise or pranayama to really centre myself – there’s a free and easy breathing meditation to download from my website here.
- Use the questions above to do some exploratory writing and focus your energies.
- Create a positive affirmation or statement (‘I Am Enough’ / ‘I Give and Receive in Equal Balance’). You might go on to draw an image of this or put together a collage of this to stick on your wall as a reminder.
- Try using this simple yet effective Kundalini Yoga Meditation to Clear Negativity, removing negative thoughts and giving your a clearer head for that Positive Affirmation:
Meditation To Clear Negativity
It clears the subconscious of unwanted negative or fearful thoughts. Then the Negative Mind can give you clear signals to protect and to promote you. The posture is one of calmness and humility that lets the Creator, the Unknown, cover and shield you.
Posture: Sit straight in an easy cross-legged pose. Make a cup of the two hands with both palms facing up, and the right hand resting on top of the left hand. The fingers will cross over each other. Put this open cup at the level of the heart center. Elbows are relaxed at the sides.
Eye Focus: Your eyes are slightly open and looking down toward the hands.
Breath: Inhale deeply in a long steady stroke through the nose. Exhale in a focused stream through rounded lips. You will feel the breath go over the hands.
Mental Focus: Let any thought or desire that is negative, or persistently distracting come into your mind as you breathe. Breathe the thought and feeling in, and exhale it out with the breath.
Time: 11 to 31 minutes
To End: Exhale completely and suspend the breath out as you lock in the navel point. Concentrate on each vertebra of the spine until you can feel it all the way to the base, as stiff as a rod. Then inhale powerfully, exhale completely, and repeat the concentration. Repeat this final breath 3-5 times. Then relax completely.
Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, is designed to give you a direct experience of your soul. It works to bring balance to the glandular and endocrine system, freeing negativity held within the body, raising you to a more positive vibration and giving you the awareness to step up to your True Self with purpose, integrity and strength. Along with the heart-opening Shamanic plant medicine Cacao, Writing and Sound Therapy (using free writing techniques and Gong Baths), our seasonal celebrations offer the chance to Reflect, Restore and Refocus, both internally and externally, throughout the year.